Dentist Bay Shore NY, Dental Health
Bay Shore New York — At Dental Health, we work with you to meet all of your dentistry needs. Even when you have no cavities or other dental issues, keeping your mouth healthy and your smile beautiful requires good preventative care. We supply patients with the right general dentistry treatment solutions for each individual by offering an in-depth screening of the head and neck to spot irregularities, including certain types of cancer.
Preventative care is extremely important for those who want to maintain good oral health. If you are not receiving regular cleanings and exams, the chances are good that you will experience oral health problems such as cavities and gum disease. Our goal is to ensure that our patients have the best oral care possible by promoting regular preventative care for each and every individual, no matter what their age.
We use low-radiation digital X-rays to protect our patients’ health. We also offer expert cleanings to help keep your teeth and gums healthy and free of disease and dental decay. Whatever your general dentistry needs, we can meet them with friendly, professional service at Dental Health.
What Services Does Dental Health Offer?
We offer a wide range of services under the umbrella of “general dentistry.” At Dental Health, we can provide:
• Children’s dental care. Children’s dental care is extremely important. We believe that a healthy mouth starts with your first dental cleaning and that oral care should begin as soon as possible. We have a friendly, caring staff who works well with children to alleviate fears and make your child’s dental visit a pleasant experience. Furthermore, we can treat many common dental issues right in our office, guaranteeing that your child’s teeth and gums stay healthy throughout all stages of growth. We love working with children and helping them develop a lifetime of good dental habits that will serve them well through the years to come.
• Periodontal care. Periodontal care is extremely important for adults, particularly those who have a history of periodontal disease. Gingivitis, pyorrhea and other common gum problems are easily treated when they are caught early, but become more difficult to treat as they progress and can actually lead to tooth loss and other oral problems if they are not addressed. Dental Health’s caring and professional staff can help you arrest gum disease and treat oral issues quickly and effectively.
• Root canal therapy. In some cases, root canal therapy is necessary to treat a tooth that has more than a normal amount of decay. Painful teeth may require a root canal, which is a procedure that replaces infected material inside a tooth with some other substance that will not decay. Our office conducts root canal procedures on a regular basis for patients who have serious decay issues with their teeth, providing relief from pain as well as preventing the problem from growing worse. Your oral health may depend on getting immediate treatment for cavities and infections, so visit Dental Health immediately if you suspect you need root canal work.
• Snoring and sleep apnea. Snoring and sleep apnea can be interrelated problems that interfere with sleep as well as overall health. It is very important that you get an adequate amount of sleep each night, but for those with sleep apnea, this may be impossible. Patients with sleep apnea have their healthy pattern of sleep interrupted hundreds of times each night when they “stop breathing” due to this condition. Our office can help you by diagnosing sleep apnea symptoms, including constant exhaustion, and help you determine the best way to address your apnea issues. Furthermore, we may be able to help you with your snoring, giving both you and your partner a better night’s sleep.
• TMJ therapy. TMJ is the name for a collection of issues from which patients may suffer due to problems with the jaw. Symptoms can include headaches, popping ears and tooth or shoulder pain. TMJ therapy consists of conservative measures, such as using warm compresses and mild pain medication, to other measures such as a splint or bite plate, injections or massage therapy. A bite plate can be made to fit your jaw and prevent grinding of teeth, especially when you sleep. Our professionals can diagnose the reason for your jaw pain and recommend the right procedure to help you put a stop to the problem.
• Dental emergencies. We know that unexpected dental emergencies happen at all times of the day or night. We know that when you have an emergency, you do not want to wait for care. You want immediate, professional service when you need it. For this reason, we offer emergency care on an as-needed basis as well as preventative care such as mouth guards for sports. We offer emergency Dental Care on a priority basis, so call right away.
• Preventative Care. Ultimately, your mouth is only as healthy as the preventative care you receive. We recommend cleanings twice yearly along with regular x-rays to check for cavities. We can also help you and your family learn more about measures you can take, such as the right way to brush and floss, that will keep your teeth healthy and prevent cavities.
Why Dental Health?
We know that you can receive dental care almost anywhere, so we want to give you some good reasons to choose Dental Health, including:
• A friendly, supportive staff. Our staff works hard to make our patients feel welcome and happy. We know that visiting the dentist is not easy for everyone, and because we want you to enjoy optimum oral health, we ensure that you have the care and support you need. We work with you on pain management, sedation dentistry or any other help you may need in order to ensure that you are able to visit the dentist at the first sign of a problem. Remember, it is always easier to treat oral issues immediately than to wait!
• Exceptional amenities. We are not just another dentist’s office! At Dental Health, we offer an advanced facility that meets every need under one roof. Our goal is to be able to address all your dental needs, no matter what they are, and provide you with service that includes not only preventative care but specialized treatment, as well.
• Patient education. At Dental Health, we go beyond the traditional role of providing dental services to educate our patients about oral health. We believe strongly that a well-educated and well-informed patient is a healthier patient. We believe that by giving you the information you need to make important dental decisions, we are able to improve the overall quality of your oral health on every level.
• Guaranteed treatment. Many of our patients are surprised to learn that we offer a guarantee on our dental work, but it is important to us that we build trust with our patients when we perform services. If any of your treatments fail for any reason within five years, we will redo them for free!
Preventative care is the backbone of good oral health. Contact Dental Health today to learn more about how we can help you make your teeth and gums their healthiest and keep them that way through regular preventative care.