What Services Does Dental Health Offer?
We offer a wide range of services under the umbrella of “general dentistry.” At Dental Health, we can provide:
- Children’s dental care. Children’s dental care is extremely important. We believe that a healthy mouth starts with your first dental cleaning and that oral care should begin as soon as possible. We have a friendly, caring staff who works well with children to alleviate fears and make your child’s dental visit a pleasant experience. Furthermore, we can treat many common dental issues right in our office, guaranteeing that your child’s teeth and gums stay healthy throughout all stages of growth. We love working with children and helping them develop a lifetime of good dental habits that will serve them well through the years to come.
- Periodontal care. Periodontal care is extremely important for adults, particularly those who have a history of periodontal disease. Gingivitis, pyorrhea and other common gum problems are easily treated when they are caught early, but become more difficult to treat as they progress and can actually lead to tooth loss and other oral problems if they are not addressed. Dental Health’s caring and professional staff can help you arrest gum disease and treat oral issues quickly and effectively.
- Root canal therapy. In some cases, root canal therapy is necessary to treat a tooth that has more than a normal amount of decay. Painful teeth may require a root canal, which is a procedure that replaces infected material inside a tooth with some other substance that will not decay. Our office conducts root canal procedures on a regular basis for patients who have serious decay issues with their teeth, providing relief from pain as well as preventing the problem from growing worse. Your oral health may depend on getting immediate treatment for cavities and infections, so visit Dental Health immediately if you suspect you need root canal work.
- Snoring and sleep apnea. Snoring and sleep apnea can be interrelated problems that interfere with sleep as well as overall health. It is very important that you get an adequate amount of sleep each night, but for those with sleep apnea, this may be impossible. Patients with sleep apnea have their healthy pattern of sleep interrupted hundreds of times each night when they “stop breathing” due to this condition. Our office can help you by diagnosing sleep apnea symptoms, including constant exhaustion, and help you determine the best way to address your apnea issues. Furthermore, we may be able to help you with your snoring, giving both you and your partner a better night’s sleep.
- TMJ therapy. TMJ is the name for a collection of issues from which patients may suffer due to problems with the jaw. Symptoms can include headaches, popping ears and tooth or shoulder pain. TMJ therapy consists of conservative measures, such as using warm compresses and mild pain medication, to other measures such as a splint or bite plate, injections or massage therapy. A bite plate can be made to fit your jaw and prevent grinding of teeth, especially when you sleep. Our professionals can diagnose the reason for your jaw pain and recommend the right procedure to help you put a stop to the problem.
- Dental emergencies. We know that unexpected dental emergencies happen at all times of the day or night. We know that when you have an emergency, you do not want to wait for care. You want immediate, professional service when you need it. For this reason, we offer emergency care on an as-needed basis as well as preventative care such as mouth guards for sports. We offer emergency care Call for a Priority Appointment.
- Preventative Care. Ultimately, your mouth is only as healthy as the preventative care you receive. We recommend cleanings twice yearly along with regular x-rays to check for cavities. We can also help you and your family learn more about measures you can take, such as the right way to brush and floss, that will keep your teeth healthy and prevent cavities.